Drug Rehab in Melbourne
There’s an abundance of rehabilitation centers in Melbourne that can take good care of your addiction problems. You can get all the help and advice that you need to overcome your drug abuse habits, and start a new, healthier and happier chapter in your life.
The Key to Successful Drug Rehab
Drug rehabilitation is a very psychological process. There is only so much that can be done to eliminate the physical addiction that a person has to drugs. This is up to the body how it processes it. Drug rehabilitation is very much focused on your willingness to give up the drugs.
Willpower plays a vital role. If somebody does not recognize the impact that their drug addiction is having on their life, as well as the life of their friends and family, they will find it very difficult to get through the process. This is because things will get hard, and they will get hard incredibly quickly.
The Drug Rehabilitation Process in Melbourne
The process that is used is dependent on both the drug that a person is addicted to, as well as the severity of their condition. This means that treatments employed for rehabilitation of alcohol, cocaine, or marijuana will be exactly the same.
This is one of the main reasons as to why it is important that you put the effort into finding a reputable drug rehab center in the city. They will be able to tailor the process that they use specifically for you. This ensures that you are going to get through your addiction a whole lot quicker. There is already going to be a lot of challenge when it comes to rehab, you don’t really want to make it any more difficult, do you?
Benefits of In-House (Residential) Drug Rehab
Perhaps the best treatment plans out there, particularly for severe addictions such as cocaine, will be residential programs. There are a few reasons for this:
- It will allow you to quit the drug ‘cold turkey’. When you are going through drug rehabilitation, it is important that you do not have any access to the drug. If you are in a residential center, then the staff members there will go to great lengths to ensure that this is the case. In addition to this, there are some drugs which you can’t just quit ‘cold turkey’ without help. It could be deadly to do so. One of these drugs is alcohol. When you are surrounded by staff members, they will be able to keep an eye on your symptoms, just to make sure that you are dealing with the process properly.
- If you are undergoing alcohol or cocaine rehab, then you have to realize that the withdrawal symptoms will be very severe. If you are tackling the issue on your own, then it is going to be very difficult to deal with those symptoms. The staff members at the rehabilitation unit will be able to keep tabs on your symptoms. They will be able to offer advice on how to cope with them.
- You will be surrounded by a support group. Everybody in that room is going to be dealing with an addiction the same as you. It is important that you do realize that there are other people out there with exactly the same symptoms that you have. These people are dealing with an addiction, and they want to cure it. As a result, you will be able to rely on each other for support. You will be surprised at how easily (well, as easy as it can be) drug addiction can be to get over when you have the support of people in a similar position.
The actual techniques used will vary. Of course, drug treatment will always be focused on getting you off the drug as quickly as possible. It may not be an instant withdrawal process, but it should be very quick.
In addition to this, the treatment center will offer therapy which is designed to shape your behaviors. By shaping your behaviors through a process known as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, they will be able to reduce your dependence on drugs. Along the way, there will be several group support sessions.
The best treatment centers out there will also require your family to be in attendance. This will help you to understand the impact that your condition is having on them. It is great for the psychology of your treatment.
Finding the Right Drug Rehab in Melbourne
There are several drug rehabs operating in Melbourne. It is important that you find the right one for you. The following tips should help you out:
- It is important that you choose a drug rehabilitation center which has experience in dealing with your addiction. Remember what was said before? Rehabs for alcohol and marijuana (or any other combination of drugs) will not be the same. If the rehabilitation center does not evidence which proves that they can help you with your addiction, then you should not be working with them. However, it is important to note that if a rehabilitation center boasts huge success rates e.g. 80% or over, they may have a hard time proving this fact. While they may be good at what they do, there is no center in the world which is able to achieve a success rate as high as this. Drug rehabilitation is a complicated process and, sadly, not everybody is going to be cured, even if they are willing to put the effort in.
- The treatment center will need to have accreditation or certification. Basically, they need to have something which demonstrates that they are qualified to do the job. The problem now is that there are a number of centers popping up throughout the city who have no experience, and they do not have accreditation so you do not know that the treatments that they are offering their patients are going to be safe. Of course, there is no guarantee that accreditation will mean that the treatment that they are offering will be of a high quality, but you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be a better quality than a rehab which does not have the proper accreditation in place.
- It is important that there is one-on-one therapy during the rehabilitation process. As covered already, drug addiction is a very personal disease. Everybody deals with it in their own way. This means that you need to be able to interact directly with the staff, where they will be able to assist you with your own personal needs. There are some addictions which can work without one-on-one therapy, for example some alcohol rehabilitation in Melbourne is done without it, however, it is worth noting that this is a far slower process. It is a technique which also tends to be limited to ‘minor’ addictions.
- It is suggested that you opt for a rehabilitation center which offers family therapy. Many people out there see this as a very important part of the process. While an addict in recovery will know just how important it is them to rid themselves of their addiction, they may not know the impact that their condition is having on the people around them. This is something which must be dealt with. It also means that the family will receive the training that they need to assist the recovering addict once they leave rehabilitation.
Signing up For a Rehabilitation Program
It is worth noting that you should not sign somebody up for drug rehab unless they have given an indication that they are willing to quit their drugs. As we have mentioned before, this is a process that is very psychological.
While it is possible to ‘force’ somebody to quit their drugs cold turkey, it is not always the best route to go down. This is because while they will be able to deal with the symptoms of drug withdrawal, they will never be able to deal with why they were addicted to the drug in the first place. This means that as soon as they leave the facility, it is likely that they will go straight back to the drugs, meaning that a lot of time and effort has been wasted.
East Melbourne | West Melbourne |Melbourne | South Wharf | Docklands | University Of Melbourne | Footscray | Flemington | Hotham Hill | Melbourne University | Carlton | Carlton North | Fitzroy | Abbotsford | Clifton Hill | St Kilda | Balaclava | Brighton Road | South Melbourne | Albert Park | Garden City | Yarraville | Braybrook | Albion | Albanvale | Ardeer | Burnside | Ascot Vale | Keilor East | Avondale Heights | Keilor | Calder Park | Keilor Downs | Melbourne Airport | Greenvale | Oaklands Junction | Plumpton | Kurunjang | Brookfield | Diggers Rest | Bulla | Sunbury | Williamstown | Altona | Mambourin | Altona East | Laverton North | Williams Landing | Altona Meadows | Hoppers Crossing | Cocoroc | Little River | Moonee Ponds | Aberfeldie | Essendon Fields | Airport West | Gladstone Park | Pascoe Vale | Glenroy | Broadmeadows | Coolaroo | Attwood | Brunswick South | Brunswick | Brunswick East | Batman | Fawkner | Campbellfield | Somerton | Craigieburn | Northcote | Thornbury | Gilberton | Reservoir | Thomastown | Lalor | Epping | Alphington | Ivanhoe | Bellfield | Mill Park | Bundoora | Banyule | Macleod | Macleod | Briar Hill | Diamond Creek | Plenty | Yarrambat | Lower Plenty | Montmorency | Eltham | Wattle Glen | Arthurs Creek | Wollert | Woodstock | South Morang | Beveridge | Doreen | Yan Yean | Eden Park | Bend Of Islands | Donvale | North Warrandyte | Park Orchards | Wonga Park | Chirnside Park | Brentford Square | Mitcham | Vermont | Heathwood | Bedford Road | Croydon | Kilsyth | Mooroolbark | Beenak | Lilydale | Ashburton | Chadstone | Mount Waverley | Brandon Park | Burwood East | Knox City Centre | Bayswater | The Basin | Boronia | Ferntree Gully | Upwey | Menzies Creek | Belgrave | Rowville | Scoresby | Knoxfield | Panton Hill | Smiths Gully | St Andrews | Kinglake | Montrose | Kalorama | Mount Dandenong | Coldstream | Christmas Hills | Badger Creek | Tremont | Ferny Creek | Sassafras | Olinda | Sherbrooke | Kallista | The Patch | Monbulk | Silvan | Mount Evelyn | Gilderoy | Narre Warren East | Cotham | Kew East | Balwyn | Balwyn North | Bulleen | Templestowe | Templestowe Lower | Doncaster | Doncaster East | Burnley | Auburn South | Auburn | Camberwell | Burwood | Camberwell East | Mont Albert | Box Hill | Box Hill North | Blackburn | South Yarra | Hawksburn | Armadale | Kooyong | Caulfield East | Caulfield Junction | Prahran | Caulfield | Carnegie | Bentleigh East | Hughesdale | Oakleigh South | Clayton | Clarinda | Dingley Village | Keysborough | Elsternwick | Brighton | Brighton East | Hampton | Moorabbin | Highett | Sandringham | Cheltenham | Beaumaris | Mentone | Aspendale | Bonbeach | Carrum | Heatherton | Bentleigh | Monash University | Mulgrave | Sandown Village | Noble Park | Bangholme | Doveton | Cockatoo | Avonsleigh | Gembrook | Endeavour Hills | Hallam | Fountain Gate | Berwick | Beaconsfield | Beaconsfield Upper | Officer | Pakenham | Maryknoll | Tynong | Cora Lynn | Bunyip | Lynbrook | Hampton Park | Botanic Ridge | Cardinia | Blind Bight | Bayles
3002 | 3003 | 3004 | 3005 | 3006 | 3008 | 3010 | 3011 | 3031 | 3051 | 3052 | 3053 | 3054 | 3065 | 3067 | 3068 | 3182 | 3183 | 3184 | 3205 | 3206 | 3207 | 3012 | 3013 | 3019 | 3020 | 3021 | 3022 | 3023 | 3032 | 3033 | 3034 | 3036 | 3037 | 3038 | 3045 | 3059 | 3063 | 3335 | 3335 | 3337 | 3338 | 3427 | 3428 | 3429 | 3015 | 3016 | 3018 | 3024 | 3025 | 3026 | 3027 | 3028 | 3029 | 3030 | 3211 | 3039 | 3040 | 3041 | 3042 | 3043 | 3044 | 3046 | 3047 | 3048 | 3049 | 3055 | 3056 | 3057 | 3058 | 3060 | 3061 | 3062 | 3064 | 3070 | 3071 | 3072 | 3073 | 3074 | 3075 | 3076 | 3078 | 3079 | 3081 | 3082 | 3083 | 3084 | 3085 | 3086 | 3088 | 3089 | 3090 | 3091 | 3093 | 3094 | 3095 | 3096 | 3099 | 3750 | 3751 | 3752 | 3753 | 3754 | 3755 | 3757 | 3097 | 3111 | 3113 | 3114 | 3115 | 3116 | 3131 | 3132 | 3133 | 3134 | 3135 | 3136 | 3137 | 3138 | 3139 | 3140 | 3147 | 3148 | 3149 | 3150 | 3151 | 3152 | 3153 | 3154 | 3155 | 3156 | 3158 | 3159 | 3160 | 3178 | 3179 | 3180 | 3759 | 3760 | 3761 | 3763 | 3765 | 3766 | 3767 | 3770 | 3775 | 3777 | 3785 | 3786 | 3787 | 3788 | 3789 | 3791 | 3792 | 3793 | 3795 | 3796 | 3797 | 3804 | 3101 | 3102 | 3103 | 3104 | 3105 | 3106 | 3107 | 3108 | 3109 | 3121 | 3122 | 3123 | 3124 | 3125 | 3126 | 3127 | 3128 | 3129 | 3130 | 3141 | 3142 | 3143 | 3144 | 3144 | 3145 | 3161 | 3181 | 3162 | 3163 | 3165 | 3166 | 3167 | 3168 | 3169 | 3172 | 3173 | 3185 | 3186 | 3187 | 3188 | 3189 | 3190 | 3191 | 3192 | 3193 | 3194 | 3195 | 3196 | 3197 | 3202 | 3204 | 3800 | 3170 | 3171 | 3174 | 3175 | 3177 | 3781 | 3782 | 3783 | 3802 | 3803 | 3805 | 3806 | 3807 | 3808 | 3808 | 3809 | 3810 | 3810 | 3812 | 3813 | 3814 | 3815 | 3975 | 3976 | 3977 | 3978 | 3980 | 3981